• Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

The general procedure is to find a company that passes the skill exam of the desired industry, passes the exam of N4 or higher in the Japanese Language Proficiency Test, and receives a foreign national with Specified Skilled Worker.

Examination-related information is posted on the website of the Immigration Bureau and on the websites of the ministries and agencies in charge of each field.

You must submit a "Notification of Termination of the Agreement with the Contracting Body" within 14 days of termination of your work.

It is also possible to evaluate whether or not you have completed Technical Intern Training No.2 well under the immigration control by submitting a statement of reasons for not obtaining an evaluation record, or by submitting an explanatory paper, etc. prepared by one of the instructors at the time of the technical intern training, instead of the evaluation record, for example. Consult with your nearest immigration office.

Yes, you can change without returning home.

In order to acquire a Specified Skilled Worker status in an industry that differs from other technical intern training, it is possible to pass a skill test for the desired industry and find an accepting organization.
* The Japanese Language Proficiency Test is not required.

Even if both skill tests were failed, the Immigration Bureau will determine whether the technical intern trainee has achieved the skill level by the issuance of an evaluation record from the accepting organization.

You can if the conditions are met.
Contact your Immigration Bureau for conditions.

Unless you marry a Japanese national or change your status of residence by satisfying the criteria for another status, you will generally be required return to your country.

You must have a passing certificate for the National Trade Skill Test, Level 3, or an Evaluation Record for Technical Intern Training.

You can enter Japan with the "Temporary Visitor" status of residence and take the exam in Japan. Alternatively, you can take the exam in another country where exams are offered.

“Metal press” jobs fall under the following Specified Industry Fields: Machine Parts & Tooling Industries, Industrial Machinery Industry, and Electric, Electronic and Information Industries.

You are not allowed to work part-time.

The requirements are the same as for being hired within Japan. The process of entry into Japan varies depending on the country.

A Japanese level of N4 is sufficient for you to be hired. The Care Worker field also uniquely requires that you pass the Nursing Care Japanese Language Evaluation Test.

Internships and Specified Skills are unrelated to one another.

Yes, if you satisfy the requirements for another status of residence.

You can apply for the Specified Skilled Worker status of residence if you meet the requirements and find an Accepting Organization. In general, you must apply for the status of residence yourself, but your Accepting Organization will prepare some of the documents for you. Consult with the Accepting Organization.

You can apply. You can also come to Japan with the "Temporary Visitor" status of residence and take the exam in Japan.

The certificate can be reissued within one year.

Yes, you can change jobs (i.e. quit one company and join another in the same field) with the Specified Skilled Worker status of residence.

1.The form of employment varies depending on the contract for each facility. Either become "a permanent or contract employee" and become "a full-time employee".
2.You receive social insurance, not national health insurance.
3.You will enter the pension plan.
4.It's the same as for Japanese citizens.
5.The status of residence of Specified Skilled Worker is one of three types: 4 months, 6 months, or 1 year. It is not five years at a time.

You can change jobs. You can change jobs within the same industry.
If you want to change jobs in different industries, you must take the skill test for your desired industry.

As the conditions for the Japanese level of Specified Skilled Worker are N4 or higher, N3 level is satisfactory.

Even if when returning home, you can do so.
However, you must have passed the skill tests for the fields and industries in which you want to work, and either the N4 Japanese Language Proficiency Test, or the Japan Foundation Test for Basic Japanese.

One way that you can find a job is by attending a networking event for Specified Skilled Worker companies. Another way would be to go to a job center, such as "Hello Work".

You can participate online from overseas, but for some countries, a dispatching organization may be required in order for a foreign national to be accepted. Please conduct an Internet search for more information.

Contact your nearest Immigration Services Agency office. Alternatively, contact the Specified Skilled Workers General Support Call Center.

We don't know which law you violated, but if you currently have a status of residence in Japan, you can find where a specific skill is acceptand apply for the status of residence of Specified Skilled Worker. However, there is no guarantee that you will be authorized. It is the decision of the immigration control.

Employers can be searched through Specified Skilled Worker companies, exchange meetings, etc.

It is possible if there are conditions under which other status of residence can be obtained.

We don't know the exact amount, but the amount is equal to or greater than that of Japanese people who engage in the same work.

We don't know the exact amount, but the amount is equal to or greater than that of Japanese people who engage in the same work.

We don't know the exact amount, but the amount is equal to or greater than that of Japanese people who engage in the same work.

That's correct.
If you pass the examination for a certified care worker while working as a Specified Skilled Worker, you can change the status of residence to "Nursing Care".
The status of residence of "Nursing Care" may be renewed without restriction on the period of stay.
In the meantime, if the conditions of a permanent resident are met, your status can be changed to the permanent resident.

Employers can be searched through special skilled companies exchange meetings, etc.
As there are agricultural conditions for specific skills, you can work in Japan if you find an accepting agency in agriculture.

You can find a place to work at special skilled companies exchange meetings, etc.

You can apply for a change of status of "Spouse or Child of Japanese National".